What is it with RTS titles and WWII? Further what is it with German design teams and RTS titles of WWII? Seriously though, Blitzkreig and Panzer are excellent looking titles, but aside from some differences in the graphics and some interface or control differences it’s really hard to tell the titles apart. You be the judge.
Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon (PC)
Burning Horizon, throws you in even more dramatic battles of WWII. Burning Horizon offers a huge 18-missions-campaign around General Rommel, giving you the opportunity to play famous battles like Ardennes, Tripolis, Tobruk, El Alamein, Sicily and, of course, Normandy. Furthermore, the add-on contains 8 single missions, with an entire new nation at war: Japan.
50 new units like Zero fighters and Blenheim bombers, the M5 Stuart and many specialized German tanks, US Marines and Afrika Korps units fill the strategy package.
Burning Horizon gives the parties a better AI: the enemy seeks weak spots in your lines, clears minefields, handles his air force cleverly. The mission objectives offer a wide range, e.g. airborne assaults, evacuations, covert ops, defense manoeuvres, counter attacks or assassinations.
Codename: PANZERS (PC)
No, this can't be! Initial outpost reports showed only armored infantry, but some serious hardware is headed this way! How could two 70-ton German Königstiger battle tanks simply be overlooked?! Well, no time to lay blame, just aim the bazooka and bring up the tanks from the rear. Only a direct hit can destroy them. …
Codename: Panzers thrusts you into the high-powered battles of World War II. Whether played in towns with bullet-riddled buildings, bleak mountain landscapes, or treacherous swamps, Codename: Panzers offers real-time combat rampages with awesome 3D graphics. Create your combat force from over 100 finely detailed units, from a flame-throwing squad to a Soviet Stalin organ rocket launcher to a German Königstiger battle tank. Be the commander - demolish the enemy with clever tactical maneuvers. Experience the nerve-jangling thrill of strategic gaming - in Codename: Panzers!
- World War II sets the scene for thrilling RTS
- Totally 3D: terrain, units, buildings, weather, sound, movement, special effects – realistically portrayed in the minutest detail
- 30 versatile missions in 3 thrilling campaigns
- Every unit is designed with realistic fields of vision shaped by sound, experience and external conditions
- More than 50 individually controllable and historically accurate vehicles: tanks, cannons, trucks, jeeps and motorcycles
- A huge arsenal for the infantry, including flame throwers, bazookas, shells and mines
- Soldiers creep, crawl, run, and dive for cover
- Infantry makes use of equipment such as bandages, field telephones, binoculars and even rubber dinghies
- Using an ingenious bonus system, troops gain prestige points that can be used to buy more units or make upgrades and repairs
- Finely detailed war-damaged equipment and constructions, from realistic function failure to total annihilation
- Dramatic campaigns with German, Russian and western Allied troops
- 4 engaging multiplayer functions with several specially developed battlefields
- Training camp for all strategies and units with special abilities
- Support from bombers, hunters, scouts and naval artillery