Dreamcatcher's Painkiller stole the show last year and is certainly a tough act to follow, but they appeared to be more than up to the task with several new games that are all nearing completion and ready to dazzle all who play them. With The Adventure Company taking care of the adventure game genre Dreamcatcher is focusing on simulation, RPG, and strategy games, several of which are recipients of Best of Show nominations.
Dungeon Lords (PC)
Dungeon Lords is a new breed of epic Fantasy RPG, a unique combination of RPG and Fighter game action in full 3D, featuring a deep storyline shrouded in mystery, surprise, and betrayal. Dungeon Lords is loaded with quests, personal missions, extensive skills and special abilities for customizing your own character hero from a variety of races and multiple class specializations, as you journey through an enchanted land of ancient castles, dark forests, and dungeon lairs braving an army of diabolical foes in real time action packed combat to uncover the secrets lying hidden within the depths of an evolving storyline. Dungeon Lords can be played either single-player stand alone, or in multi-player group sessions.
Dungeon Lords does an impressive job of blurring the lines between RPG and action gaming resulting in a unique hybrid that will likely attrack gamers from both genres. The concept will grab you and the gorgoues graphics and compelling gameplay will keep you playing this massive adventure for a long time to come..
- Non-stop game action and exploration in full 3rd person 3D, including outdoor wilderness, swamps, forests, mountains, arctic lands, towns, villages, castles, dungeons, temples, caves, and forbidden ruins.
- Nail-biting 3D combat action featuring an arsenal of attack and defense combo moves with real time player control of all combat tactics, including a vast selection of weaponry, magic spells and powerful artifacts.
- Loads of personal quests and missions, featuring a world full of NPC characters to interact and bargain with, some who may become your ally, others who may be your enemy.
- Create your own character hero, choosing from a variety of races and multiple class specializations, featuring detailed character hero development that includes a host of personal attributes, skills, and special abilities.
- Extensive Inventory that features common, rare, and unique items
- Full support for both Single-Player stand-alone and Multi-Player group game sessions.
- Designed, written and developed by award winning computer game author D.W.Bradley.
SuperPower 2 (PC)
The original SuperPower was one of those analytical sims that was deep in content, slim on graphics, and likely to appeal only to geeks, nerds, and aspiring dictators. SuperPower 2 plans to address those issues with more compelling gameplay using real-word data, hundreds of countries, and support for up to 32 world leaders, making this the biggest game of "Risk" ever made.
SuperPower 2 is the only global geopolitical simulation game which allows players to control entire countries. Players control countries in 3 major areas: political, economic and military, but this time, in a beautiful real-time 3D environment. Players build up their own countries and increase their influence in the broader world while competing against sophisticated A.I. Along the way, gamers make use of economic sanctions, political alliances, and military actions to wage their battles.
SuperPower 2 offers the ability to fine-tune each country's performance, from creating or breaking treaties, to making tactical decisions in particular military conflicts.
SuperPower 2 easily wins the Best Simulation of the Show and I also need to congratulate Dreamcatcher on the best T-Shirt of the show. If the giant game logo on the front isn't cool enough, the slogan, "Dictators Get All the Chicks" on the back is inspired.
- Real-World Data: largest database ever assembled for a computer game, using real-world CIA and US Naval Intelligence data
- 32 Person Multiplayer: play as any one of 193 countries recognized by the United Nations
- Political, Economic and Military Gameplay: The unique gameplay from the original SuperPower has been expanded and more fully realized
- 4. Create Your Own Mods: using the in-box toolkit, easily create scenarios and trade them over the internet.
Cold War (PC)
With RPG and simulation genres safely covered, Dreamcatcher completes their hat-trick with the stunning new action-stealth title, Cold War. Intense action gameplay mixed with suspensful stealth missions all designed around the historical events of the 1980's, not to mention the innovative concept of turning a journalist into the next James Bond will have Cold War competing with the Splinter Cell franchise.
Cold War follows the story of a freelance journalist who finds himself in the midst of an international conspiracy that aims to control the U.S.S.R. Twelve hours after arriving in Moscow for a routine story, he has been stripped of all possessions, beaten unconscious and thrown into the KGB's political prison. Using only recovered weapons and improvised gadgets, he must now evade or overcome elite Soviet forces and defeat the conspiracy before he is sent to a Siberian prison camp or killed.
- Powerful and widely-recognized setting - mid-1980's U.S.S.R.
- Strong espionage/stealth gameplay - including gadgets like the x-ray camera.
- Interactive non-linear world: Accomplish objectives in multiple ways - find hidden paths, combine in-game elements to create weapons and traps, or silently eliminate opponents.
- Set in real Soviet locations, and is built around locations such as Lenin's Mausoleum, Chernobyl and the KGB's notorious Ljubljanka prison.